Monday, June 18, 2007

Answering "What if..."

"What if there was no fear of aging?"

First I had to decide if this meant "we still age but don't fear it" or "we don't age at all". I'm going with we still age, but do it with grace and don't mind it. The fear of age, looking bad, or losing someone because of the way we look is absent from our directory of feelings now.

Hundreds of businesses or at least, anti-aging products, wouldn't exist. Like Oil of Olay, Estee Lauder, all those people...Maybe the scientists who worked in the labs developing those products instead grew up to discover, oh I don't know, a cure for cancer or something useful. Who knows, without having to undergo pressure to lessen wrinkles maybe they could do other great things..

Women wouldn't inject poison into their faces to paralyze their muscles. I don't see the appeal here to begin with, but I hear botox parties are real popular, even here, now. Gross...but I shouldn't judge..

Everyone would live without the pressure of always trying to appear younger or different looking. (I think after a certain age, even men attempt to do this..) We should enjoy every stage of our live, instead of always wishing for it to be different. Hmm..Maybe other problems would magnify, like "how big your feet are" or something, to take the place of the missing worry over looks....something to ponder...

No comments: